Trip and transport times
Exact times vary due to seasons, tides, sea and weather conditions, number of daily trips, shark activities, etc. The final/24 hour weather and sea report will be reviewed on the day prior to the dive and the trip time schedule and subsequent transport pick-up times will be advised via e-mail on the day before the dive.
Breaching/diving trips are offered during the winter months from June to August. Trip meeting times range from early morning to midday. Each breaching trip usually runs for approximately 4.5 hours. A maximum of 12 and a minimum of 6 passengers are taken on breaching trips. If we are not able to confirm the breaching component of your trip due to weather, sea or operational circumstances, we will give you the option to convert your trip to a standard shark cage diving trip.
Trip from Cape Town is roughly 2.5 hours.
If you opt to make use of our transport service, collection times will be confirmed on the day prior to your trip.tc.
- Start Point Pickup: Optional collection from any hotel/guesthouse in Cape Town or close surrounds
- Arrival at White Shark Diving Co at 9 Kusweg, Kleinbaai Harbour, Gansbaai
- Breakfast/lunch, beverages and safety briefing before the boat departs
- Breaching tour, by which we attract breaching activity by making use of a decoy
- Normal shark cage diving activities commence (see below)
- Cage is dropped at the diving site and guests are allocated diving gear
- Guests take consecutive turns in the 8-man floating cage for an up close and personal experience with Great Whites
- When not in the cage, guests can enjoy onboard refreshments and sightings of great white sharks and other sea life from the viewing deck of the boat.
- Anchor is lifted and the skipper heads back to the dock
- Back at the WSDC crew house, guests enjoy a late lunch while watching the video footage of their trip
- Towels are available free of charge
- Underwater digital camera rental (including memory card, which you take home)
- Video footage of your trip available for purchase
- Alternative meal options for passengers with specific dietary requirements, by prior arrangement only
RETURN TRANSPORT: R400pp from Cape Town or close surrounds